Skip to content Skip to footer


Every year, Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden helps thousands of people with issues they are facing.  However, we acknowledge that every so often we get things wrong and someone goes away feeling unhappy.

Perhaps you felt you had to wait too long for an appointment,  you were treated unfairly or quite simply we provided you with the wrong information or advice.

Unfortunately, these things do sometimes happen which is why we have a complaints procedure in place to ensure clients can voice their concerns.  From this, we can make changes so that others don’t feel the same way but sometimes, we can only apologise and explain ourselves. We take steps to learn from our mistakes and what you tell us helps us improve our service.

All information you share with us is treated seriously and confidential.

What can you do?

The policy of Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden comprises of five stages:

  1. Informal Stage
  2. Local Citizens Advice stage
  3. National Citizens Advice stage
  4. Independent Ajudicator stage
  5. Financial Ombudsman Service stage

Details of the full policy can be found here.

Submit a complaint

If you wish to complain, you can call us on 03300 563 037, email us at or write to us at:

Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden
4th Floor Broadacre House
16 – 20 Lowther Street

Alternatively, you can complain direct to national Citizens Advice. Further information and contact details are available here.