Help for individuals and families
Grants may be made for charitable purposes to relieve hardship in Cumbria caused directly by local disasters e.g. flood.
Who can apply?
Individuals or families whose properties and contents have been damaged by a local disaster or who are suffering other hardship as a result of the disaster.
We can provide support for the following (this is not an exhaustive list):
• immediate needs such as alternative accommodation
• cleaning up
• emergency repairs
• food and drink
• heating and heating equipment
• basic furniture and white goods
• uninsured costs
Priority will be given to the following households:
1. Uninsured properties that have an income below £26K
2. Uninsured properties that have an income of over £26K but under £40K
3. Insured properties with low income and clearly identified uninsured costs