Citizens Advice Carlisle and Eden
We provide free, confidential, impartial and independent advice and information on their rights and responsibilities to the people of both Carlisle and Eden districts.
To minimise the coronavirus-related health risks to our workers and clients, Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden is not providing a face-to-face service.
How can we help?
Get advice online from Citizens Advice
Follow us on social mediaMy Tweets
Volunteer with us
We are indebted to our volunteers who give their time and commitment to Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden. We couldn’t carry out our services without them.
Research & campaigning
Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden works at a local, regional and national level to speak up about the policies and services that cause people problems.
The stories our clients tell us provide a unique insight into the problems faced by the people in the Carlisle and Eden districts.
Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden is an independent charity and relies on grant funding and individual donations from people like you.
For every £1 invested in us, we benefit our clients by an average of £13.12
- This Christmas has been a bit of a struggle – I did not start buying things early enough so was left with a lot to do and get and I overspent. I am determined that I will get my finances in order in 2021 and this will not happen again. Do you have any tips? 30th November 2020
- About five years ago my father-in-law was the victim of a scam artist who fleeced him out of £5,000. Once he realised, he was devastated and we were able to work with his bank to get some of the money back. We thought it was all in the past but in the last six months he’s received numerous calls, letters and texts from what look like other scammers. We want to try and keep him safe as his memory isn’t the best, what can we do? 24th November 2020
- My mother has asked me to ‘make all the arrangements’ when she passes away. I’ve never had to do anything like this before and, with all the recent news stories, I’m worried about the high cost. Is there any information or advice you can give? 16th November 2020
- My employer says I owe them money. What can I do? 10th November 2020
- I’ve just had my hours cut at work. I’d like to take on a second job, but there’s nothing around. It sounds ridiculous to talk about Christmas now, but I’m already worrying! I usually start buying the kids a few presents really early to spread the cost – but that’s going to be impossible this year. How can I make less go further, without going into debt? 2nd November 2020