Citizens Advice Carlisle and Eden
We provide free, confidential, impartial and independent advice and information on their rights and responsibilities to the people of both Carlisle and Eden districts.
To minimise the coronavirus-related health risks to our workers and clients, Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden is not providing a face-to-face service.
How can we help?
Get advice online from Citizens Advice
Volunteer with us
We are indebted to our volunteers who give their time and commitment to Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden. We couldn’t carry out our services without them.
Research & campaigning
Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden works at a local, regional and national level to speak up about the policies and services that cause people problems.
The stories our clients tell us provide a unique insight into the problems faced by the people in the Carlisle and Eden districts.
Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden is an independent charity and relies on grant funding and individual donations from people like you.
For every £1 invested in us, we benefit our clients by an average of £13.12
- Press Release: ‘Keep Universal Credit lifeline’ urges Citizens Advice Carlisle and Eden 16th August 2021
- I’ve heard that Universal Credit is going to be cut from September. I struggle to get by as it is and I’m really worried that if I lose £20 a week, I’ll get into serious debt. I’m already behind on some of my bills. What can I do to avoid things getting worse?. 16th July 2021
- My energy bill really shot up last month. I don’t feel like I’ve been using any more heating or electricity than usual, so I’m worried I’m being overcharged. I’ve tried to contact my energy supplier for support, but no one ever seems to answer the phone or respond to my emails. I’ve waited on hold for nearly an hour several times before giving up. What should I do? 7th July 2021
- I’ve been living in my privately rented flat for years. I generally have a good relationship with my landlord but I just can’t get them to carry out various repairs that have built up. How can I get them to act – and what exactly do they have to do? 25th June 2021
- I’ve been saving up to have my kitchen redone, but I’m a bit worried about it. Last time I had any work done on the house, it took more than double the time I thought it would and ended up costing me a fortune. I’m looking for a different builder this time, but how will I know I can trust them? 18th June 2021