Training & Recruitment Lead
Citizens Advice Carlisle and Eden is looking for a Training and Recruitment Lead with excellent interpersonal skills, to oversee the recruitment, induction, training and supervision of volunteers.
In addition, the post holder will coordinate learning and development opportunities for the entire team, whilst assisting management with wider recruitment matters and organisational communication.
- Job Title: Training & Recruitment Lead
- Hours: 22.5 hours per week
- Trainee Salary: £15,245 (based on FTE at £25,409)
- Salary: £16,711 (based on FTE at £27,852)
- Location: Predominantly based at Broadacre House (Carlisle), with the occasional need to attend our Penrith Office
- Reports to: Operations Manager
- Application deadline: 9am Monday 18 September 2023
- Interviews: Scheduled to take place on 25th and 26th September 2023
- Start Date: October/November 2023
HOW TO APPLY
- Produce and deliver our annual organisational learning and development plan and volunteer recruitment strategy
- Lead on the recruitment & selection of new volunteers and support with paid staff recruitment as required.
- Identify and organise internal and external learning and development activities to ensure competence, compliance and continuing development of the volunteer and staff team.
- Undertake such training as is necessary to fulfil the role and to meet the needs of the organisation
- Work with colleagues to support, motivate, manage and maintain the volunteer workforce and create a positive working environment
- Maintain a database of volunteers and learners
- Provide IT support for staff and volunteers, to facilitate their learning
- Provide constructive feedback to volunteers, to maintain their motivation and develop their skills.
- Undertake other duties within the scope of the role, to ensure the effective delivery and development of the advice service
- Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for your own health and safety and that of colleagues
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently, with minimal supervision.
- Good attention to detail, with a proven ability to monitor and maintain own standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of managing and supervising others, including giving and receiving feedback.
- Experience of developing and motivating people.
- Evidence of maintaining confidentiality and an understanding of its importance to the role.
- A commitment to continuous professional development, including a willingness to develop knowledge and skills to carry out the role.
- A commitment to work within the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service, including displaying an up-to-date understanding of equality and diversity.
- An understanding of the issues involved in interviewing clients
- Experience of working in the advice sector.
- Experience of working with volunteers and dealing with people from varied backgrounds.
- Experience of designing, implementing and delivering training for adults
- Knowledge or experience of Recruitment and HR.