Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden is looking to recruit two Business Support Administrators, with excellent interpersonal skills and extensive IT knowledge.
Working in an extremely busy customer facing environment, you will also provide back-office support to a large team of paid staff and volunteers.
Location: 1 x Carlisle-based post; 1 x Penrith-based post
Hours: 18 hours per week
Salary: £19,312 per annum (pro rata)
Application deadline: 9am on 13 September 2021
Interviews: Thursday 30th September & Friday 1st October, via videocall.
Please note, although the posts will be predominantly based at one office, there will be an occasional need to provide cover at the other site.
Further information regarding the post is available in our Job Pack:
To apply, please submit a completed application form by 9am on Monday 13 September 2021:
Social Media Volunteer
We are looking to recruit a proactive, experienced social media volunteer to
assist in the overall development of our social media strategy. We would prefer
someone with experience in working across multiple social media platforms and
a good knowledge of WordPress.
For more information please refer to the job description: Social Media volunteer
Join our Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees of Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden (CACE) fulfils an important role within the organisation, as it represents the final decision-making authority. Your time and commitment will therefore help to shape the future direction of the service.
The Trustee Board currently meets 6 times per year on a Wednesday evening, in Carlisle or Penrith, from 18.15 -20.15. Sub-group meetings to discuss finance, personnel and premises take place periodically during the year.
Trustees are expected to contribute typically around 3-4 hours a month of their time, including attending and preparing for meetings.
Trustee duties and responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the formulation of policy, strategic direction and service development
- Monitoring CACE’s financial status and ensuring that it operates within its means
- Maintaining awareness of CACE’s services and performance
- Maintaining confidentiality about CACE and any information received as a Trustee.
The personal skills and qualities required of a Trustee include:
- Commitment to the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service
- The ability to communicate well, contribute to discussions and work effectively as a team member
- The ability to think strategically and exercise sound independent judgement
- Commitment and availability to prepare for and attend Trustee Board meetings.
Trustees can claim reasonable travel and subsistence expenses. An induction process for new Trustees and further training are provided. More information about CACE can be found at: http://www.cac-e.org.uk/ If you are interested in applying to join our Trustee Board please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.