Join our Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees of Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden (CACE) fulfils an important role within the organisation, as it represents the final decision-making authority. Your time and commitment will therefore help to shape the future direction of the service.
The Trustee Board currently meets 6 times per year on a Wednesday evening, in Carlisle or Penrith, from 18.15 -20.15. Sub-group meetings to discuss finance, personnel and premises take place periodically during the year.
Trustees are expected to contribute typically around 3-4 hours a month of their time, including attending and preparing for meetings.
Trustee duties and responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the formulation of policy, strategic direction and service development
- Monitoring CACE’s financial status and ensuring that it operates within its means
- Maintaining awareness of CACE’s services and performance
- Maintaining confidentiality about CACE and any information received as a Trustee.
The personal skills and qualities required of a Trustee include:
- Commitment to the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service
- The ability to communicate well, contribute to discussions and work effectively as a team member
- The ability to think strategically and exercise sound independent judgement
- Commitment and availability to prepare for and attend Trustee Board meetings.
Trustees can claim reasonable travel and subsistence expenses. An induction process for new Trustees and further training are provided. More information about CACE can be found at: http://www.cac-e.org.uk/ If you are interested in applying to join our Trustee Board please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.